JBF-R Released Time for Religious Instruction JBF-R
The following information is in regard to the release of students from public schools to attend religious instruction classes:
1. The board or its duly authorized representative, upon request of the parent, guardian or person having control or charge of any child or children, shall release from attendance at the public school any child or children to attend religious instruction classes not to exceed two hours per week.
2. Each written request of the parent, guardian or person having control or charge of any child or children shall be made annually and shall specify the place at which religious instruction shall be given and the total amount of time per week during which release of the child or children from attendance at the public school is requested.
3. Persons or groups intending to hold or conduct religious instruction classes shall notify school officials of their intent sufficiently in advance of the beginning of such class or classes so that public school officials can comply with the request for release of children from the public school for such purposes.
4. A record of attendance at religious instruction classes shall not be maintained by public school officials. Those persons or groups offering or conducting religious instruction classes shall keep records of attendance. The responsibility for attendance at religious instruction classes belongs to the parent, guardian or person having control or charge of any child or children.
5. Transportation shall be the responsibility of the parent.
6. No solicitation for attendance at religious instruction classes shall be permitted on public school premises. The staff of the public school shall neither encourage or discourage participation in any religious instruction program.